Certification and Accreditation Specialists
POSITION TITLE: Certification and Accreditation Specialists (CA2)
WORK LOCATION: Washington D.C.
ENGAGEMENT: MindPetal Direct Hire / Contract to Perm
SALARY: Contract $88 / W2 $128,000
START DATE: Immediate
DURATION: 12 months
USA CITIZENSHIP: Yes
REPORTS TO: MindPetal Director of Operations
PROFILE: Join a dynamic, employee-focused technology company! MindPetal, is a leading provider of technology solutions in the Federal marketplace. This is an opportunity to join a team of Information technology Security Professionals supporting our clients Chief Information Security Office (CISO). Selected individuals will be providing oversight, guidance and hands on support using the NIST Certification and Accreditation (C&A) process of Human Resources, Law Enforcement, Finance or Regulatory Affairs systems.
Our clients CISO is a focal point for agency-wide IT governance and provides individuals the unique opportunity to positively influence the outcome and effectiveness of the agencies overall IT infrastructure. Perfect candidate will be a CISSP with at least 7 years of security related experience and have an active Department of Justice, Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms TS clearance. Active ATF Clearance is more important than CISSP requirement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The CISO develops and maintains the agency-wide information assurance program, its information security policies, procedures and control techniques as directed under FISMA. The primary responsibility of the C&A section of the CISO is to review and test the SP800-53 security controls on a variety of systems. This entails understanding and evaluating system architecture and a broad understanding of IT management, operations and technical practices.
• The successful candidate will review detailed descriptions of the controls, provide edits and feedback on their actionable quality, and based on the descriptions perform tests to prove the validity of these assertions through interviews, examining of evidence and either overseeing or directly running technical scanning tools against targeted systems.
• The job requires people skills, a passion for problem solving, performance to MS Project plans, and an ability to shift focus according to sometimes rapidly changing work load requirements.
• Perform special projects and additional duties as assigned. REQUIREMENTS: From Mindpetal Software Solution, Inc. 2275 Research Blvd, Suite 500 Rockville, MD 20850 2
• Three (3) years experience in Information Assurance /Certification and Assurance environment.
• Three (3) years experience in FISMA, NIST, Circular 800-53, and OMB.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to interface with all levels of management.
• Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well independently or in a team setting.
• Conduct Security Assessments, Security Audits, Security Awareness Presentations and Recommend Security Enhancements.
• Strong sense of discretion and confidentiality.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Flexibility and adaptability within a changing and fast-paced environment.
• Ability to pass a security background check and maintain clearance.
• CISSP Certification is a plus.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: The majority of the work is performed in a professional office setting with a wide variety of people with differing functions, personalities and abilities.